Tournament Travel Abroad - Recommended Consent Letter, News (Burlington City Rep Hockey Club)

News Article
News Article Image
Nov 22, 2017 | Admin | 2518 views
Tournament Travel Abroad - Recommended Consent Letter
On occasions where only one parent/guardian is accompanying a child to another Country for a Tournament, we recommend completing a Consent Letter from the Gov. of Canada website.

Per website:


We strongly recommend that Canadian children carry a consent letter if they are travelling abroad alone, with only one parent/guardian, with friends or relatives or with a group. For the purposes of this consent letter, a Canadian child is defined as anyone who is under the age of majority (18 or 19, depending on the province or territory of residence).

A consent letter is not a legal requirement in Canada, but it can simplify travel for Canadian children, as it may be requested by immigration authorities when entering or leaving a foreign country or by Canadian officials when re-entering Canada. The letter demonstrates that Canadian children have permission to travel abroad from parents or guardians who are not accompanying them.

For additional information about entry and exit requirements for Canadian children travelling alone, with only one parent or with another accompanying person, see the Travel Advice and Advisories or contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the destination country.

We recommend that the letter be signed by every non-accompanying person or organization with the legal right to make major decisions for the child, including anyone with:

•custody rights,
•guardianship rights, or
•parental authority (in Quebec only)

We also recommend that the letter be signed by any non-accompanying parent who has access to the child.

Consult if you have questions about parenting terminology.

Click on the following link to print a personalized consent letter:

Global Fuels
Official Sponsor of the Burlington Eagles Trainer Program