To all our EAGLES Players and Families,
We are honoured to partner with The City of Burlington to
welcome Rogers Hometown Hockey (HH) with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone on
October 27-28 in our great city! We will participate in initiatives that
will broadcast live during the NHL games and others will be pre-taped during
the day to air later that night on Sportsnet.
We are working closely with the organizing committee of all the minor hockey clubs (i.e. BLOMHA, Barracudas) and the HH marketing team on a number of initiatives to engage our clubs and shine a spotlight on Burlington's hockey community. We need your help! I have listed below all of the opportunities where our teams, players and families can get involved.
Ball Hockey Games — Pre-taped for Sportsnet
Coaches – Hometown Hockey is looking to fill the following timeslots for Saturday 5:30-6:00 PM and Sunday 4:30-7:00 PM
Typically a game is 30 min but some groups are doing 15 min games to allow more teams the opportunity to play. Contact the EAGLES Office to book your timeslot.
Parade of Champions — Live On-Air Before NHL Game — Sunday, October 28
There will be a LIVE Parade of Champions in Downtown Burlington will ALL Minor Hockey Clubs. We want all our EAGLES and families wearing their EAGLES gear to come out for this celebration! We will have more details shortly but please Mark This Date: Sunday October 28th @ 6:45 PM!
We Need Volunteers!
There are a number of volunteer opportunities we need to fill to coordinate this special weekend. I have listed the descriptions below. To volunteer contact Bram Cotton [email protected].
Time slots still available:
Clean Up Crew
• Assist with maintaining and cleaning the festival grounds throughout Saturday & Sunday of festival hours
• Pick up any garbage on site, change garbage bins, etc.
• Hometown Hockey team will provide garbage bags and gloves
• Teams can work together and high school students will receive volunteer hours
• Assist with handing out popcorn to consumers in the Rogers Fan Hub
• All donations from consumers buying popcorn will go directly towards the MHA
• Players wearing their jerseys handing out popcorn is a great way to generate fun and excitement at the event!
• High School students will receive volunteer hours
• *Volunteers helping with 50/50 must be 18 years or older to handle money and sell 50/50 tickets*
• These volunteers will assist with roaming around the festival grounds promoting 50/50 and again celebrating Minor Hockey as some of the proceeds go towards the Minor Hockey Clubs (the EAGLES!)
Thank you for volunteering and participating - it's going to be an incredible weekend!
Office (905) 336-3321
Please visit us @