The OMHA is rolling out an extension of the Respect in Sport program to now include Parents. Your Player will not be able to be rostered on a team until the course is completed.
The Respect in Sport Program for Parents is a 1 hour online program geared to providing the parent with information on how to evaluate and understand:
- Parental influence over a child
- Coach and leader roles in sport
- Role of the parent and coach in ensuring a child's enjoyment of a sport
- Protecting your child when outside of your immediate control
- Concussion awareness and Return to Play guidelines
- Long-Term Player Development
The course has a $12 cost
and can be accessed at the OMHA website | Respect | Education
Please note, this is a different
program than the Speak out or Respect in Sport program required for coaches, trainers and other officials. The speak out certification you may already have received does no
t cover this Respect in Sport parent program requirement - this is a new program.