The Burlington City Rep
Hockey Club has begun accepting Head Coach applications for the 2023-24 hockey
season. Applications are due before Sunday,
January 15th, 11:59 PM
. This is the chance to continue or get
involved within a dedicated association steeped in tradition striving for
growth, development, and competitiveness at the highest level of programming.
We are accepting applications for all categories from Under 10 through to Under 18 (AAA, AA, and A). Under 8 and 9 applications will follow.
While every application will be acknowledged and answered, the application does not guarantee an interview. Please see the below description of what the Burlington City Rep Hockey Club are looking for in a Head Coach and qualifications:
Additionally, any person who applies and is awarded an Eagles team in a non-parent role will be compensated at certain age levels. Please complete the Head Coaching Application to become involved or continue.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Eagles hockey club in the Burlington community
- Serve as the official leader and spokesperson on behalf of the Eagles team
- Coordinate the assignments of responsibilities for the Eagles Assistant Coaches and Eagles Team Manager both on-ice, off-ice, and on the bench
- Prepare the seasonal competitive plan for the Team with input from the Eagles Assistant Coaches
- Create the practice plans with Eagles Assistant Coaches and share the practices through the online app as part of the development plan
- Follow the Eagles club’s development plan created for the Eagles players and coaches
- Develop, implement, and oversee pre-game preparation and communication for the Eagles team
- Coach, influence, teach, and motivate the team in all practices, games, and activities
- Establish a team identity through personal values, team building, rules and expectations
- Complete and submit evaluations of the Eagles players throughout the season upon request
- Complete and submit a self-assessment evaluation upon request
- Solid hockey background in playing, coaching, and evaluating
- Being committed and passionate in athlete/child development
- Capable of working within a club structure, identity, and development plan
- Able to communicate effectively with players and parents both on-ice and off-ice
- Availability to meet all time requirements this position demands
- Speak Out and NCCP certified at the level indicated by Hockey Canada and the OMHA
- Updated Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Provide Reference List
TO FILL OUT THE HEAD COACH APPLICATION, CLICK HERE.